A blockbuster NFP Friday571k new jobs vs 185k) & strong Services PMI (55.2 vs 50.5) has lifted the Dollar and Yields, sinking Stocks and Gold (the 3 mth Gold rally is over). YEN is weakest this morning with key “Dove” Amamiya (current deputy) a possible to take the reins at BOJ after Kuroda. The JPY is the weakestamp; AUD strongest. USDTRY After the devastating Earthquake, it was 18.85.
- The USD Index continued to rally from 8-mth lows on Thursday at 100.65 to breach 103.00 today – Markets expecting a continued Hawkish tones from FedSpeak this week (Powell Tuesday) and 25 bp hikes in March and May.
- EUR – sank below 1.0800 after posting 10-mth highs (and many Bank’s Q1 target) over 1.1000 Thursday To return to 1.0785 now.
- JPY – Rallied to test 132.40 Following the BOJ rumours, earlier Before cooling 131.60
- GBP – Sterling was devalued again 1.2025 Friday, the UK100 reaches a new record On the weaker Pound. Today, we are moving higher 1.2060.
- Stocks – Friday saw the US market sink. (-1.59% – -0.38%). US500 –1.04%, (-43.28) 4136, Holding the key 4100 Gaining knowledge and skills +1.6% For the week. (NASDAQ +3.3%) US500 FUTS trade softer at 4128. F -7.61%, AMZN -8.43%, APPL +2.44%.
- Goldman Sachs They have raised their target for…