USD moved higher (USDIndex 102.43) Stocks had a weak US session (NASDAQ -0.72%) and Yields rallied to 2.931%. Asian markets followed US lower (Nikkei -0.16%, Hang Seng -1.10%) with China closed today. European FUTS are lower (Italy, Spain & France closed & UK closed until Monday). Central bank outlooks and China’s virus lockdowns remain in focus (Shanghai open but zero policy still in place) amid concern that aggressive monetary policy tightening will weigh on growth outlook. BOC increased rates by 50bp & Bullard remained very hawkish, both expected. Oil prices bounced ahead of OPEC+ today – Saudi Arabia ready to boost output should Russian production fall.
- USDIndex rallied to 102.72 from 101.28 & one-month lows on Monday. Back to 102.40 now.
- Equities – USA500 -31 (-0.75%) at 4101, US500FUTS at 4100 now. Walmart & Meta -2.49% (Sheryl Sandberg to leave Meta after 14 yrs as COO)
- Yields 10-year yield higher (2.931% at close), trades at 2.91% now.
- Oil & Gold had mixed sessions – USOil sank to $111.60 before correcting to $113 now following SA news ahead of OPEC+ meeting, Gold rallied over $1850 to $1852 from $1830 yesterday.
- Bitcoin slipped back under $30K after 3-day move north. Trades at $29.8K now.
- FX markets – EURUSD down under 1.0700 again to 1.0670, USDJPY breaks over 130.00, Cable trades at 1.2500, from 1.2450 yesterday.
Overnight – AUD Trade Balance significantly better than expected.
Today – ADP Employment, Weekly Claims, Weekly Oil Inventories, OPEC+ Meeting, Speeches from Mester & NY Fed’s Logan.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) USDCHF (-0.54%) A surprise spike in Swiss CPI puts pressure on SNB to act. Pair dived from 0.9640 to 0.9575. MAs aligning lower, MACD histogram negative & breaks 0 line, RSI 35 & falling, H1 ATR 0.0013, Daily ATR 0.0070.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distribution.