USD sinks to 1-month low (USDIndex 101.43) as CB easing pressures absorbed, despite GDP slipping to -1.5% from -1.3% & Pending Home sales at -3.9% from -1.6%. Stocks had a very strong day on weaker USD (NASDAQ +2.68%) and Yields slipped. Asian markets followed US lead (Nikkei +0.66%, Hang Seng +2.07%) and European FUTS are higher. BOJ’s Kuroda & PM Kishida, talk up YEN and want it stabilized, see core CPI at 2% for next 12-months.
- USDIndex sinks further to 4-week lows trades at 101.55. (-1.5% this week, after -1.37% last week)
- Equities – USA500 +79 (1.99%) at 4057, US500FUTS at 4050 now. Discount Retailers lead markets higher on good Earnings – Dollar Tree +21.87%, Macy’s +19%, Dollar General +13% TSLA +7% NVDA +5%
- Yields 10-year yield edged lower to 2.75% at close and trades at 2.76% now.
- Oil & Gold had mixed sessions – USOil rallied after a cautious week back to test over $114, trades at $13.70 now, Gold is holding over $1850 at $1854.
- Bitcoin continues to weaken under $30K at $28.6k, having touched $27.9k yesterday.
- FX markets – EURUSD up to test 1.0750, breaching 1.0700 again, USDJPY capped under 127.00, having tested 126.50 Cable to 1.2625, from 1.2540 yesterday.
Overnight – JPY – Tokyo Core CPI in line, (1.9%) AUD Retail Sales in line (0.9%)
Today – US PCE Price Index, Personal Income & Consumption, Speech from ECB’s Lane.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) NZDUSD (+0.51%) gave up yesterday’s declines to 0.6450 and retook 0.6500 today, trades at 0.6512 (16-day high). MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram positive & holds 0 line, RSI 65 & rising, H1 ATR 0.0010, Daily ATR 0.0077.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distribution.